Thursday, October 7, 2010

The Theology of Serving God - The Ministry of Enterprise

Service to God must be done out gratitude for his love and mercy, not to earn a passport to heaven or even in repayment of a passport to heaven. So every part of our service portfolio is in gratitude. Our Service in Enterprise, in church (which is our refuge, not our biosphere) every interaction with every person at anytime.

Am I really called to service right now, right were I am?\

  • You were chosen to tell about the excellent qualities of  God, who called you. (1 Peter 2:9 GW).
  • Now you belong to him ... in order that you might be useful in the service of God." Romans 7:4 TEV
Is everyone called to service?
 9, 26; 7:17; Philippians 3:14; 1 Peter 2:9; 2 Peter 1:3)

Why was I called to service? Did I earn the Job?
  • Now you belong to him ... in order that you might be useful in the service of God. (Romans 7:4 TEV)
  • He saved us and called us to be his own people, not because of what we have done, but because of his own purpose." (2 Timothy 1:9 TEV)
I am not prepared to serve. How will I be Equipped?
  • And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him,[a] who[b] have been called according to his purpose. For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the likeness of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers. And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified  (Romans 8-28-30)
Since we are all called to serve, and serve out of Gratitude, I understand that God Equipps me for his service; Serving other People.

Next - How Do I serve?

0 comments: